Sunday, January 3, 2010

-something-Sushi, Telegraph

OK, 'tis true - I can't remember the freaking name of this sushi place, and I'll correct it when we drive by it again. It's on Telegraph somewhere between the Drunken Boat and Fondue Fred's.

Anyway, not remembering the name is in this place's favor. It's not very good. Cheap, but not good. It doesn't look good from the outside, and the atmo didn't surprise.

What we ordered: various rolls, teriyaki chicken
Service: fine
Atmo: somehow this place left me with the impression that I was in the Japanese version of Applebee's
Crowd: the 'hood - lots of Cal students
Spent: Around $30
Overall rating: 1.5 sporks

Honestly, there's not much to say here but "Meh." Don't bother. I've had fresher fish, more interesting rolls with less sauce, and better atmo in other sushi joints. If you want cheap sushi, the place in San Leandro's Pelton Plaza is way better.

No comments: